Sunday mornings during the 10:30 a.m. service, (excluding summer and Christmas break.)
Siobhan Carmichael is our Junior Church Coordinator. Our program will resume September 11, 2022 and will follow current COVID-19 protocols set out by the Diocese of Toronto.
Children are a welcome and very important part of St. Olave’s. Near the beginning of the service, children are invited forward to hear a special children’s message from Rev’d Rob. Then they head downstairs to the parish hall. The activities include a Bible story, games and crafts.
Our program is aimed at children ages 4 to 12, though older children are always welcome to help. Some children are ready at age 3 to participate in Junior Church but we ask that parents accompany them to help them become comfortable in the activities.
We are happy to welcome new or visiting students at any time of the year, and students are always welcome to bring a friend. Parents may also join the group for part or all of the session. Parents are asked to come downstairs at the end of the service to retrieve their children. Once a month (usually the first Sunday), children come upstairs to receive blessing during Communion.
Throughout the year we organize “Family Services” where the students often present a reading or sing.
Things We Do
- Bell ringing on your birthday
- Nativity Play
- Singing at special events
- Movie Nights
- Bake sales
- Lending library
A large focus of our ministry is on giving. In the past we have donated our Advent and Lenten offerings to organizations such as
- Christmas cards for St. Olave’s seniors
- Toronto Fire Services Toy Drive
- Sleeping Children Around the World
- Right to Play
- York Community Services
- Toronto Star Santa Claus Fund
- Canadian Christian Children’s Fund
- The Stop Food Centre
- Syme/Woolner Centre
- IN Network Orphanage in Bangladesh
- Kathy Langston’s Romanian orphanage
- Toronto Star Fresh Air Fund
Our children have been featured in the Toronto Star for raising money towards the Fresh Air Fund. View the article here.
Videos for young people
On Sunday, May 31, 2022, Bishop Andrew Asbil visited St. Olave’s and confirmed 11 members of our Junior Church and one dad. Michael Hudson took these photos!
- Trinity I (June 19, 2022)
- Trinity Sunday (June 12, 2022)
- Day of Pentecost (June 5, 2022)
- In the Octave of Ascension (May 29, 2022)
- Rogation Sunday (May 22, 2022)
- Easter IV (May 15, 2022)
- Easter III (May 8, 2022)
- St. Philip and St. James (May 1, 2022)
- Octave Day of Easter (April 24, 2022)
- Easter Day (April 17, 2022)
- Palm Sunday (April 10, 2022)
- Lent 5 (April 3, 2022)
- Lent 4 (March 27, 2022)
- Lent 3 (March 20, 2022)
- Lent 2 (March 13, 2022)
- Lent 1 (March 6, 2022)
- Quinquagesima (Feb. 27, 2022)
- Sexagesima (Feb. 20, 2022)
- Septuagesima (Feb. 13, 2022) – PDF lesson not available this week
- Candlemas and Presentation of Christ in the Temple (Feb. 6, 2022 – online lesson)
- Epiphany 4 (January 30, 2022 – online lesson)
- Epiphany 3 (January 23 2022 – online lesson)
- Epiphany 2 (January 16, 2022 – online lesson)
- Advent I (November 28, 2021)
- Sunday Next Before Advent (November 21, 2021)
- Remembrance Day (November 14, 2021)
- In the Octave of All Saints’ Day (November 7, 2021)
- Trinity 22 (October 31, 2021)
- Trinity 21 (October 24, 2021)
- Trinity 20 (October 17, 2021)
- Thanksgiving (October 10, 2021)
- Dedication Festival (October 3, 2021)
- Trinity 17 (September 26, 2021)
- Trinity 16 (September 19, 2021)
- Trinity 15 (September 12, 2021)
From March 2020 to June 2021, Martha Riddell, M. Div., produced downloadable lessons following the lectionary of the Book of Common Prayer. These are available here.