Donating flowers for the altar is a wonderful way to honour a deceased loved one or to make a public thanksgiving. Now that our church building has reopened to public worship, your flowers will beautify the altar for our online service as well as the in-person Sunday service.
The minimum cost to adequately fill the brass vases on the altar in the church is $80 ($40 per vase). Alternatively, you can donate $100, $120, or $140. The amount and type of flowers purchased will depend on the amount you are able to donate.
To donate flowers for the altar:
- Email the parish secretary, Judy Beal, to schedule a date (or call 416-769-5686).
- Tell her the amount you wish to donate and if the flowers are given for a special purpose.
- Make your donation either by mailing a cheque, or online at stolaves.ca/giveonline (choose Flowers for the Altar in the dropdown menu).
- Our flower convener will purchase the flowers and arrange them prior to the video recording.
- Unless otherwise instructed, your name and the name of those in whose memory the flowers are given will be publicized in our online service video, weekly e-blast and order of service. Please provide Judy the exact wording message that you would like us to use.
If you have a preferred florist, you may also purchase the flowers yourself and drop them off at the church at a pre-arranged time. If the flowers are not already arranged by your florist, the flower convener will arrange them on your behalf.