Donating flowers for the altar is a wonderful way to honour a deceased loved one or to make a public thanksgiving. Even though our church building is closed to public worship during the pandemic, you can still give flowers to beautify our worship space for our online services.
The minimum cost to adequately fill the brass vases on the altar in the church is $80 ($40 per vase). Alternatively, you can donate $100, $120, or $140. The amount and type of flowers purchased will depend on the amount you are able to donate.
To donate flowers for the altar:
- Email the parish secretary, Judy Beal, to schedule a date (or call 416-769-5686).
- Tell her the amount you wish to donate and if the flowers are given for a special purpose.
- Make your donation either by mailing a cheque, or online at stolaves.ca/giveonline (choose Flowers for the Altar in the drop down menu).
- Our flower convener will purchase the flowers and arrange them prior to the chosen Sunday.
- Please provide to Judy the message that you would like mentioned during the video. Unless otherwise instructed, your name and the name of those in whom the flowers are given will be publicized in our online service video.
If you have a preferred florist or shop, you may also purchase the flowers yourself and drop them off at the church at a pre-arranged time (preferably the Thursday afternoon before the Sunday service). If the flowers are not already arranged by your florist, the flower convener will arrange them on your behalf.