Sunday mornings during the 10:30 a.m. service, (excluding summer and Christmas break.)
Children are a welcome and very important part of St. Olave’s. Near the beginning of the service, school-aged children are called to the front for a children’s talk. Then they are invited downstairs for a lesson with the Child & Youth Minister who leads an assembly where children can contribute an offering and share their latest news. The curriculum includes multimedia, Bible stories, games and crafts.
Our program is aimed at children ages 4 to 12, though older children are always welcome to help. Some children are ready at age 3 to participate in Junior Church but we ask that parents accompany them for the first few sessions to help them become comfortable in the activities.
We are happy to welcome new or visiting students at any time of the year, and students are always welcome to bring a friend. Parents may also join the group for part or all of the session as their comfort level dictates. Parents are asked to come downstairs at the end of the service to retrieve their children. Once a month (usually the first Sunday), children come upstairs to receive blessing during Communion.
Throughout the year we organize “Family Services” where the students often present a reading or sing.
Things We Do
- Bell ringing on your birthday
- Nativity Play
- Singing at special events
- Movie Nights
- Bake sales during Windermere String Quartet concerts and Christmas Craft Show
- Lending library
- Field trips (Black Creek Pioneer Village, Ste. Marie among the Hurons, the ROM, the zoo, live theatre, Ripley’s Aquarium, movies)
For more information please email our Child & Youth Minister Brittany Hudson.
A large focus of our ministry is on giving. In the past we have donated our Advent and Lenten offerings to organizations such as
- Toronto Fire Services Toy Drive
- Operation Christmas Child
- Sleeping Children Around the World
- Right to Play
- York Community Services
- Toronto Star Santa Claus Fund
- Canadian Christian Children’s Fund
- Beatrice House
- The Stop Food Centre
- Syme/Woolner Centre
- IN Network Orphanage in Bangladesh
- Kathy Langston’s Romanian orphanage
- Toronto Star Fresh Air Fund
Our children have been featured in the Toronto Star for raising money towards the Fresh Air Fund. View the article here.