St. Olave’s is recruiting a Director of Music to provide musical leadership for our growing parish.
We have a 3-manual Keates pipe organ and a Mason and Hamelin grand piano. Our choir has approximately 10 members (including four paid section leads).
We welcome someone who:
- Will support the spiritual development of the parish through musical leadership
- Is passionate about classical sacred music and traditional Anglican liturgy
- Enjoys working with a choir of volunteers and paid professionals
- Will collaborate with the Rector and parish leadership
- Choosing the weekly music in consultation with the Rector
- Leading weekly choir rehearsals (7:30-9 p.m. Thursdays and 9:30-10 a.m. Sundays)
- Playing the organ during Sunday morning 10:30 a.m. services, Choral Evensongs and other festivals throughout the year (also live streamed to YouTube)
- Developing skills on an ongoing basis
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have studied organ and choir direction at a post-secondary level
- Have superior communication and administrative skills
- Be familiar with Anglican liturgy (1962 Canadian Book of Common Prayer)
- Thrive in a team setting
- Be comfortable working in a Christian environment
- Lead or support community musical initiatives as able
Salary: $22,000-$24,000, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, references and performance recordings to the Rector, the Rev’d Rob Mitchell, at email@example.com by March 31, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. While we thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.