Are you passionate about teaching young people the love of God and the teachings of Jesus? We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic leader to join our team as Child & Youth Minister (approx. 8 – 10 hours/week on average, for 40 weeks a year).
Sunday, September 8, 2019 – Sunday, June 21, 2020 (possibly with planning meetings in August 2019). There are no Junior Church classes between Christmas and New Year’s or in the summer. There is opportunity for the contract to be renewed.
- Experience teaching young people in a church or Christ-centred setting
- Must enjoy engaging children in the stories of the Bible
- Appropriate theological training (students welcome)
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Knowledge and experience in Anglican ministry an asset
- Police check and screening in faith training as per Toronto Diocese
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- planning and teaching the weekly Sunday School lesson (Junior Church)
- choosing curriculum, with input from parents and clergy
- maintaining teaching supplies
- developing relationships with parents and providing opportunities to connect them to weekly lessons and other aspects of Junior Church (ie outreach and events)
- communicating regularly with Junior Church families
- meeting with Youth Group and its leader and participating in other Youth Group activities as able
- supporting children’s participation in worship services (ie processions and epistle presentations)
- leading Nativity Play production (with support)
- leading and supporting family/community events with the support and help of other members of the congregation
- spearheading marketing initiatives, such as flyer mail drops, advertising, signage etc
Located in the heart of Bloor West Village, St. Olave’s congregation numbers about 200 households, ranging from seniors to young families. Our Junior Church roll for 2019-2020 is 19 children ages three to 11, with an average weekly attendance of six to eight students. The Youth Group (ages 12 – 23) meets twice a month. The surrounding neighbourhoods have a high percentage of children so there is potential for growth with outreach events and marketing initiatives.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resumé by July 31, 2019, to our Curate, the Rev’d Alexandra Pohlod, at email@example.com.