– planning and teaching the weekly Sunday School lesson (Junior Church)
– communicating at least monthly with Junior Church families via email or phone (social media initiatives welcome)
– developing and nurturing relationships with families
– ordering curriculum and maintaining teaching supplies
– meeting with Youth Group at least once a month and participating in other Youth Group activities as able
– leading children’s participation in epistle skits (approx. 3 per year)
– leading Nativity Play production (with support)
– initiating and leading family/community events (approx. 3 per year) with the support and help of other members of the congregation
– spearheading marketing initiatives, such as flyer mail drops, advertising, signage etc
Located in the heart of Bloor West Village, St. Olave’s congregation numbers about 220 households, ranging from seniors to young families. Our Junior Church roll for 2017-2018 will be 17 regular attenders (four- to 11-year-olds, avg. weekly attendance 8-10 students). There are 10 Youth Group members (ages 12 – 18) who meet twice a month and often help with weekly lessons. The surrounding neighbourhoods have a high percentage of children so there is potential for growth with outreach events and marketing initiatives.
Dates: Sunday, September 10 – Sunday, June 10, 2018 (with possibly one or two planning meetings in August 2017). There are no Junior Church classes between Christmas and New Year’s or over March Break or in the summer. There is opportunity for the contract to be renewed in subsequent years.
Payment: This paid position is made possible through an Our Faith Our Hope grant. Salary to be discussed.