For many Torontonians, a Christmas meal in a welcoming home is not a reality. New Canadians, seniors without family, students away from home, the working poor and people living on the street or in shelters may all find themselves unable to prepare a festive meal, or without a seat at anyone’s table. Join us on Saturday, December 7 at noon when we open our church home to our brothers and sisters who will not experience a Christmas meal this year. (With thanks to St. Olave’s Second Century Mission Fund.)
You are invited to host a table!
How it works
- Your family or group of friends signs up to host a table.
- You bring the side dishes (potatoes, cooked veggies, bread and butter), decorations and a serving platter for the turkey.
- St. Olave’s will provide the turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce and non-alcoholic beverages.
- We’ll also provide the table cloths, plates and cutlery, but you set your table and add Christmas crackers, candy canes or other decorations as you would when you receive guests to your home.
- When guests arrive, we will share our meal and fellowship with them.
Other ways to get involved:
- contribute a dessert
- work in the kitchen on Thursday or Friday
- work in the kitchen on Saturday
- help clean up on Saturday
To host a table or get involved, please contact the Rev’d Alexandra Pohlod at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-769-5686 ext. 3.